With Zimbra, you can set up two-factor authentication, an added security for your Zimbra account.
To access your Zimbra account while 2FA is activated, you will need your password and a code created by an app on your smartphone
To enable 2FA you will need to access both your Zimbra account and your smartphone to complete the 2FA setup.
1. Click on the Preferences tab.
2. Click Accounts.
3. Click Configure Two-Factor Authentication.
Note: If you don’t see this option in your Account Preferences, your organization hasn’t enabled two-factor authentication. Contact your system administrator or email service provider for more information.
4. Click Start Configuration.
5. Enter your Zimbra password.
6. Click “Next”
The following steps will require your phone
7. Click the URL to display the list of authenticator apps available on your phone.
Download the app of your choice and install it on your phone (more about 2FA apps https://geekflare.com/en/two-factor-authentication-apps/)
Click “Set up account” in the app
Follow the steps to set up the account using a key
8. Click “Next”
9. Launch the app on your phone, enter your email address and the password provided by Zimbra.
10. Click “Next”.
Your phone will provide you with a code to complete the 2FA setup.
11. Enter the code provided by your phone.
12. Click “Next”
13. You have enabled 2FA for your Zimbra account.
Every time you log in to your Zimbra account, you will be prompted for a new app code on your phone.
And if you don’t have your phone or it runs out of battery, don’t worry, you have 10 unique codes to use. Just click the “View” link, then print the codes (or just write them down somewhere) and keep them safe.